List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New kwin style update
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-14 11:11:30

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Mit, 13 Sep 2000, Daniel M. Duley wrote:
> > > My main thing was that having a round button next to the icon looked
> > > odd
>
> good point.
>
> > > (I tried it). But now I'm thinking for sticky perhaps we don't even
> > > need to have the same round style buttons like the other ones. Perhaps
> > > it should actually be part of the frame that you "stick down". A little
> > > bevel next to the icon and title text that looks like part of the
> > > titlebar itself that you can press down and attach the window to the
> > > desktop. I think this would be cool :)
>
> Sounds good -- but I still have to see it before I can tell you if
> I like it.
>
> Tackat
>
> > Dirk

Or maybe we could give up on the "sticky" analogy and make the button look
like this:
         Mode            Look
         1 desktop        a square centered in the upper left-hand quandrant
(not in the
corner)
         all desktops     a square centered in each quandrant (but not in the
corners)

This way the icon mirrors the change that occurs in the pager on kicker (when
in preview mode).

FWIW, the pushpin was cool, but I had no idea what it was for until I asked.
The plus/minus is not more intuitive (in fact, I though that was the minimize
button at first until I looked really closely and saw that the button next
door was an arrow -- at 1024x768 on my 14" monitor it's not so obvious).

Dave
--
http://www.andamooka.org/~dsweet
dsweet@kde.org