List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Login & Logout Notif (sounds)
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-14 8:54:38

Rik Hemsley wrote:
> =

> #if Charles
> =

> > > This patch (to kwin) allows login and logout knotify events.  The d=
efault
> > KDE sounds are enabled.  All other sounds are disabled.  It adds a co=
uple
> > of new strings to be i18ned ( in the eventsrc).  I still think we sho=
uld
> > use Ludovic Grossard's work for sounds.  But then, I also want to rep=
lace
> > our old legacy K logo :).
> >
> > There's one tiny bug.  It plays the exit sound just after you press
> > control+alt+delete, not when you hit the "logout" button.  I didn't f=
ix
> > that because I'm sure someone who knows more about kwin could fix tha=
t in
> > about 30 seconds.
> =

> Looks ok, please apply.
> =

> Rik

Hi,

could the other sounds set as well as defaults ? Only enabling logon
/logoff alone doesn=B4t make much sense I think.
Also having an option to install a new soundscheme for KDE events
instead of changing each event to set the soundfile would be very handy.

Ralf
-- =

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org