List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker patch
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-09-13 12:05:07

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > hm, isn't KMail a bit more important than kwrite?
>
> Yes, but KMail is a program you tend to start once and leave running, while
> kwrite is more of a "short run" one. So as a user I'd say it makes sense to
> leave KMail in a menu and kwrite on the kicker, because kwrite is (usually)
> more often accessed than KMail.

I think you will find that a lot of the distribution packagers are going to
change what you put on the default kicker bar anyways. Here is what the
Mandrake packages have:

Home.desktop (File Manager)
Mandrake Help Docs
KControl
KDE Help Center
Konsole

If I could fit an extra icon properly I would put kwrite on as well.

-Chris