List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE fragile?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-12 18:44:28

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hmm, we have tons of such problems. It's time we move ksycoca into
> kdecore.
> How much of ksycoca depends on kio anyway these days? If it helps speed,
> I would say it's an issue we should think about.

Well, we have libksycoca and kded/kbuildsycoca. kded/kbuildsycoca probably
depends on kio, but libksycoca actually doesn't dpend that much on kio I
think.

If you link libksycoca against libkdecore instead of libkio you will get a
list of unresolved symbols which seems to be solvable by moving some stuff
around. E.g. moving krun, kdirlister and kfileitem to kio. And
kprotocolmanager back to kdecore.

KMimeType seems to use `KIO::findDeviceMountPoint(QString const &)' so that
one will have to move as well I guess.

Cheers,
Waldo
--