List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fragility
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-09-11 23:35:35

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Christian Gebauer wrote :
>Richard Moore wrote:
>>
>> David Faure wrote:

>> > I'd be happy to hear how and when !
>>
>> There are a number of inconsistencies at the very least, for
>> example the case insensitive sort option (which I have heard
>> nothing but praise for) is only available in some of the views.
>
>Another problem that I have encountered is that its really hard to
>drop files when using the listview modes. You can't drop
>them between files as in the icon view modes,
>so you have a problem when the konqueror window is full of files.

Yup.
Does anyone know a way to make a klistview bigger than the necessary
files for its items ?

Maybe dropping on a column > 1 should drop to the current dir
instead of the item under the mouse, as well.

Ok, I withdraw my comment which sounded like "there is no known problem".
There are, and bugs.kde.org lists them ;-), it's all a matter of importance... and time :)

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/