List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: uic
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-09-10 18:26:00

Uic shares some code with the designer (like widgetdatabase). So
it has to be at the same place. Also if you compile uic without
kde support, then kde, then only the designer with kde support,
you still have to recompile uic with kde support too, else the code
generation for forms with kde widgets will fail.

This cross dependencies can't be really solved for this version I
fear. For the next one we have (as mentioned often alredy) plugin
support to dynamically load cusom widgets, so then kde widgets will
just be loaded as a plugin which will make all that easier.

Because of a automatic buildsystem, just do

configure and compile qt without kde support
cd qt/tools/designer/util
make
cd ../uic
make
compile kde
reconfigure qt with kde support
cd qt/tools/designer
make

Or is this not possible? Else just split the package in a way that you can
do it that way (the shared dir of the designer has to be in the uic and
designer package then)

But we will for sure not make a seperate designer tarball. Everybody who
gets Qt should get the designer as well.