List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Default kwin style sucks (IMHO;-)
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-09-05 8:13:49

Okay, I know in Trysil people all seemed to like the laptop kwin style,
but I don't think it makes a good default (and I wrote the thing ;-). It
was designed to be functional on laptops and not present a pretty
interface. After making the titlebar bigger (which takes away one of the
things I did like about the thing), I really don't like it at all. I
would rather either do something:

a) Based on ModernSystem, which is kewl ;-)

or

b) Something that uses the B2 style's gradiented KDE1 style buttons but
on a full
sized titlebar. And you know how much I hate the KDE1/Win style button
layout - but it would still look better than the current default ;-)

This is all drawing QPainter stuff so shouldn't introduce new bugs. What
do you all think?