List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-mt
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-09-05 5:55:54

Michael Matz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > Can we switch to linking (all of KDE) to libqt-mt and set -D_REENTRANT in
> > CFLAGS now ? I'm assuming QThread et al. are here to stay now...
>
> Argh. I feared it. Please, can this wait for after 2.0?
How do you want to ensure backwards compatibility from 2.1 to 2.0 with
those global changes?
So what about delaying KDE2's release for 3 months? Using its
cvs-version as working environment I've noticed that it's still quite
full of critical bugs, anyway. For instance, yesterday, X (KWin?)
crashed in gimp and mc running from konsole...

> Threads are
> somewhat ... well, ... difficult, for other platforms. Even gcc's flag is
> different on each platform, and if it works... Please wait.

Bye,
  F@lk