List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ksysguard/multimetersettings.cpp
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-09-01 8:00:28

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> This file claims to be a generated file but does not include it's own "moc"
> file.
>
> 1) Why is this file in CVS if it is generated?

Because the kde build system still has no uic support. Or did I miss
something? Some people said they are looking into it, but AFAIK no results
yet. I'd do it myself if I'd know enough of autoconf and friends, but I
don't.

So until we have uic support in the make system, the generated files have to
be checked in.

I really think we should have uic support for kde 2.0, so that people who
start using the designer for kde dialogs can easily use it. For those who
don't know it yet, the designer in the Qt 2.2.0 final has kde support, so if
you configure with -kde the designer is compiled as kde app and offers all
kde widgets too.

> 2) Can uic be instructed to include the proper moc file?

Ah, I'm used to compiling the moc file and linking in. I can add a convenient
way to include correct moc file automatically to uic, but not for 2.2.0
anymore, will do it for 2.2.1. Anyway, you can always add custom includes via
the formesttings dialog in the designer.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)