List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mpeglib cdrom patch....
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-31 21:46:48

Hi,

>On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:09:32PM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

>> Here I can only say: make sure that your cvs snapshot is up to date, there
>> have been some changes to both, the mpeglib and the mpeglib_artsplug directory
>> recently, and if they are not in sync you'll get signature mismatches like
>> this (I remember that this read signature changed very recently).
>
>Yes, they both build now..  Please commit the patch, it seems to at least
>enable them to compile.  Time to tweak autoconf now :)
                ^^^^^^^!

Im still against enabling the BSD port.
We are in a deep feature freeze and enabling a part in KDE
which now builds for _one_ person who who made it
compile on a (cutting edge?) system which is not considered to be stable

>Anyways, I use -current and pretty much focus on 5.0-current as my target
>for getting KDE to work.  There are others that are working on getting
>-STABLE to work with KDE2... however, I think that for all of mpeglib's
>purposes the differences are minimal to non-existant.

is not something very clever.
If you enable it, your are responsible to keep mpeglib running/compile
I`m not interested in a BSD port, at least not now.

regards,

Martin