List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mpeglib cdrom patch....
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-31 20:21:02

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 12:46:37PM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> > Well, there is (almost) nothing that can't be made work, it just needs
> > somebody doing it (and obviously you volunteered ;). Its like artsd &
> > AIX. If anybody has a patch for sound output with the native AIX driver,
> > I'd happily include it for KDE2.0, but I can't do one myself (no AIX here
> > ;).
>
> Ahh, there's enough "prior art" that something for AIX could quite
> possibly be hacked up... altho it would be nice if the Qt foundation could
> procure an AIX box for such purposes :)

IBM, SuSE and some other companies announced a open source lab the other day.
I'm sure it could be used for things like this. (I guess it will be based in
california and I guess to write sound stuff you want to be physically near
the system so you would make a great candidate for this.)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE/Linux, made for people, made by people.