List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: reporting bugs is way to easy
From:       Oliver Henning <Oliver.Henning () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-08-30 22:41:12

Hi,

I posted a suggestion (simple QT designer form sample) for enhancing the bug
report dialog by integrating a keyword search within the bug report database.
So it could be very useful to encourage people to do that kind of convenient,
in-place research before even thinking about submitting a report.

On the other hand, there should be a help on bug reporting. It should contain
information like why e.g. a backtraces can't be generated . But maybe it
should also contain some useful hints like "Do you know how to reproduce the
error? If so, how?". We should not forget that average users might not know
what a useful bug report is all about.

Greetings,
Oliver