List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KNode patch
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-08-31 6:44:17

Dirk Mueller wrote:

> > Under certain conditions (broken groupinfo file) leafnode
> > sends text lines beginning with a single period
> > (". 0000000001 0000000001 y\r\n").
>
> oh, leafnode bug! ;)
yes, seemingly it does no sanity checking of the
groupinfo file.

> > This is not really legal,
> > but we should better not interpret this line as the end of the
> > message (".\r\n")
>
> Isn't ". \r\n" also a valid end of message indication?
> KNProtocolClient::getNextLine() doesn't strip trailing spaces as far as I
> can see, so the fix doesn't seem to be perfect.
Nope, rfc 977 explicitly states:

   A single line containing only a period (.) is sent to indicate the
   end of the text (i.e., the server will send a CR-LF pair at the end
   of the last line of text, a period, and another CR-LF pair).

Christian