On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Harri Porten forwarded: > I had similar problem when starting kedit >= 20000813 from the K menu. It > would crash on startup. If launched from console command-line, it started > OK. I found that kedit was started with command line options when run from > menu : kedit -caption "%c" %i %m %u > The %i option causes the crash. It does not cause a crash if specified in > konsole command line, but it opens 2 kedit windows. > I am almost certain that the same thing happened when compiled with the > --enable-debug option, but I have not kept a copy of trace ( sorry ! ). I > normally compile with only --prefix=/opt/kde1.93 option. I hope this is of > some help, if it's not already sorted. > rfjak@eircom.net I can't reproduce this. Works fine here. Can you send the output of "ldd kdeinit"? Cheers, Waldo -- KDE/Linux, made for people, made by people.