On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:01:20AM -0700, Lotzi Boloni wrote: > On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Matthias Elter wrote: > > On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:39:47AM -0500, mosfet wrote: > > > Having the image/logo window as the default interface is a standard on > > > Unix (xv, ee, imagemagick, etc... all use it), and I rather like it. > > > > Yes, some of the old Unix apps really set negative standards when it comes > > to useability. XV has a broken GUI and both ee and imagemagick thought it > > was a clever idea to clone it. ;-) But you are the author so you decide. > > Hmm... about xv having a broken GUI - I am not that sure about it. I keep > going back to it whenever I really have to arrange large collections of > photos - none of the other programs come even close in usability, stability, > minimum number of clicks needed to perform tasks and the speed of the image > previewer and integrated file manager. How exactly does a spalsh screen as default interface help you to arrange large collections of photos. What does the speed of the previewer and file manager have to do with the GUI?