List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: pixie's splash
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2000-08-30 16:01:20

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:39:47AM -0500, mosfet wrote:
> > Having the image/logo window as the default interface is a standard on
> > Unix (xv, ee, imagemagick, etc... all use it), and I rather like it.
>
> Yes, some of the old Unix apps really set negative standards when it comes
> to useability. XV has a broken GUI and both ee and imagemagick thought it
> was a clever idea to clone it. ;-) But you are the author so you decide.

  Hmm... about xv having a broken GUI - I am not that sure about it. I keep
going back to it whenever I really have to arrange large collections of
photos - none of the other programs come even close in usability, stability,
minimum number of clicks needed to perform tasks and the speed of the image
previewer and integrated file manager.

   I think that both Raster and Mosfet were right when they went for
inspiration to xv

               Lotzi