On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Andreas Pour wrote: > Dirk Mueller wrote: > > all we need is a bit more clever gdb "bt" output parsing. if it contains > > stuff like "libkdecore (no debug symbols found)" etc, we can be sure that > > it hasn't been compiled with debug symbols. Hopefully SuSE doesn't ship a gdb which says "libkdecore (keine Entwanzungssymbole gefunden)" ;-) > Is it not universal that 'file' reports whether a file has been > stripped? On my system file reports either 'not stripped' or > 'stripped'. How do you find out the file name of the executable? Bernd.