List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: reporting bugs is way to easy
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-30 13:14:48

On Mit, 30 Aug 2000, David Faure wrote:

> Hmm, good point. Needs to be a parameter that is sent to drkonqi, from
> the crashing app - in which the sig handler has to know it from the
> app itself (hmmm...)

Huh?

all we need is a bit more clever gdb "bt" output parsing. if it contains
stuff like "libkdecore (no debug symbols found)" etc, we can be sure that
it hasn't been compiled with debug symbols.

or if the backtrace "steps" only contain numbers and no symbols, etc.

you cannot compile in a parameter "this has been compiled with debug",
because distributors might strip the binaries afterwards.

Dirk