List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and signatures
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       2000-08-29 16:38:23

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Matt Koss wrote:

> > > It was broken by some bug fix (I forget which), I got it working again
> > > recently, aah three weeks ago,
> > >
> > > http://us.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdenetwork/kmail/kmcompos
> > >ew in .cpp.diff?r1=1.227&r2=1.228&hideattic=1&sortby=date
> > >
> > > maybe it has broken again, more recently. It still works fine here at
> > > the moment.
> >
> > It stopped working for me some weeks ago. Since then I have recompiled
> > KDE from scratch almost every day, and it didn't work.
>
> Well maybe you can help debug it, as I can't reproduce the problem and you
> can.

It looks like I found the bug :
in kmcomposewin.cpp :
On line 2129 you have :
      edtText.append( ident.signature() + "\n" );

And this is a source of the problem, you are adding useless character.
So the fix is ( notice the 5 instead of 6 on the next line ) :
 2123 :   if (((pos >= 0) && (pos + mOldSigText.length() + 5 ==
edtText.length())) ||
 2129 :         edtText.append( ident.signature() );

	Best regards

			Matt

--
Matt Koss