List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdemultimedia pthread checks?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-08-29 4:57:08

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 05:08:58PM +0200, Martin Vogt wrote:

> The whole library is commentet out (and with this support for
> wav,ogg,mpeg audio,video,video-cd, divx/mpeg4 avi,.. more?)
>
> because there was no time to test it on other platforms
> than linux/AIX.
> *BSD for example (or solaris) is out, and IMHO it should be out for KDE 2.0.
> mpeglib is in kde-cvs since 6 weeks, there wasnt enough time for testing.

This is not to say that I like either of libcdaudio or mpeglib.  Both are
disgustingly non documented, and well rather annoying non-intuitive.

int CDRomToc::getStartEnd(int fd, int &startToc,int &endToc)
	Start what?  End What?  End WHAT of the toc?  WHAT?!!

int CDRomToc::readToc(int fd,int num,int& min,int& sec, int& frame)
	Read WHAT?  The toc?  What part of it?  EH?

And that's not to say that the mpeglib plugins work either.  The lovely
tabs in there make parsing the generated files and their generated output
(i.e. the gcc commandline) a pain in the ass.

Grrr..

- alex