List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror problem (and patch)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-28 21:29:57

At 10:01 28/08/00 +0200, you wrote:
>In order to implement/fix this, one needs to hack a bit in KDirLister and
>KIO::SimpleJob and (more important) adapt KDirNotify. The latter requires
>adding a new virtual method, which breaks binary compatibility. (it's
>source compatible though) . The BIC breakage affects "only" kfiledialog,
>libkonq and konqueror.
>
>I admit that I don't know any other (binary compatible) way to solve
>the problem :-}
Me neither, I agree with the solution.

>Opinions welcome :-) (especially those
>"go-ahead-doesn't-matter-if-it-breaks-BIC mails" :-))

My opinion exactly :)

Maybe kdirnotify.h should mention that this may be called
in _addition_ to FilesAdded and FilesRemoved, when a file or directory
is moved, so doing something with FilesRenamed isn't usually necessary
(and that's why it's not pure virtual, as opposed to the other ones).

Note: kdesktop should use this to detect renamings
(and keep the icon position).

David.