List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Life beyond 2.0
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-26 19:04:52

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 02:33:22PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >
> > Hiya,
> >
> > > 1) During the 2.x series no more than 1 release will be made per month.
> > > A release will contain at most 3 packages.
> >
> > why the restriction to 3 packages? What if there are more packages which
> > want to be released? Playing dice?
>
> First come, first serve. Nr 4, will be nr 1 in the next month. You will
> probably still need 2 months for a package to go through beta-testing and
> message freeze and all that so I don't expect that delaying a package with
> a month is such a big deal. The worst will be 2.1 I think, were we might
> have 10 packages that want to do a release ;-)
In my opinion, this would be easier if each program were released
invididually, with the exception of kdelibs and kdebase

I say this because of, for example, libraries/programs that a user may not
have/want, because their computer isn't compatible.  For example, PCMCIA
stuff, power management, and KPilot, all of which I cannot use, and would be
wasting disk space quite well here.

--

Charles - charles@kde.org
"Din fot er inne din munn."