On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Werner Trobin wrote: > Espen Sand wrote: > > > > Hi, some questions. I am (pretty) busy elsewhere so I need to > > ask even though I am sure the answers are in the lists somehwere: > > > > For how long is the patch reviewing scheme going to last? Will > > it do so until the final release? > > AFAIK yes. > > > Is it so that only a few persons have write access at the moment? > > (ok, I can easily check that myself I'll guess, but I prefer a written answer :) > > No. Everyone _can_ commit, but we all kindly ask to > keep the rules Coolo/mhk set up (i.e. peer reviewing) ok. > > > The reason for these questions is that I have too little time to read > > the maillists very frequently at the moment so the patch-discuss-commit > > sequence becomes pretty difficult for me. > > For non critical fixes and one-liners it's also allowed > to just commit and include the diff in the log (if it's > not too long). Maybe this helps you at least for some > small fixes ;) I have got a number of bug descriptions from french translators (they never stop :o) which have problems with fixed layouts etc, so I am mostly talking about optical corrections. -- Espen Sand