List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: last patch :)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-15 11:27:39

At 23:20 20/08/00 +0200, you wrote:
>David Faure wrote:
>> This fixes the refresh of the desktop with e.g. kwebdesktop
>> (but I wonder how it works for anyone with a background program...)
>>
>> The hash is always 0, since m_bExport is false.... Not sure the
>> patch is right, but it fixes the problem for me. Geert ? :-)
>
>David,
>
>could you describe the problem to me?

Sure: when using kwebdesktop (it's a new baby in kdenonbeta),
the desktop was never refreshed. I traced it down to be
due to m_bExport being false, so needUpdate was never called.

>m_bExport can become true when
>KRootPixmap requests the desktop background.

Can.... but doesn't :-)

I'll certainly leave it to you to find out why this
doesn't work, since I don't understand how this is
supposed to work.

Thanks,
David.