List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: artsd is not started automatically....
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-20 18:57:52

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

> > Maybe this is a bug report, maybe this is a misconfiguration, but could
> someone tell me where (by what file or process which conf file) artsd is
> supposed to be started? I have to start it manually even though I have set
> the setting start sound server in kcontrol.

I observed this problem . I thought it would eventually crash.

in startkde, we have
kdeinit +kdesktop +kcminit +kicker +klipper +kxmlrpcd +khotkeys kwrited

and +kcminit starts kcminit that, in turn, searches all .desktop files in the
$KDEDIR/share/applnk/Settings (as well as your local dir) for item
X-KDE-Init= and if this line exists, its contents after '=' is passed to
kcmshell (or something - I didn't look at the code yet).

Now, surprise! I just observed (thanks Moritz) that the arts.desktop file in
the CVS is corrupted. It contains cvs "Conflict" marks. Now, I believe
KConfig file reading should be permissive to this kind of things, but dunno.

Anyway, I will check them all now  (.desktop files) and fix them.

--
Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna