List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Java applet initial sizing broken?
From:       Dima Rogozin <drogozin () qed ! com>
Date:       2000-08-11 13:14:14

>> > What version of Java do you have?
>> > Java 1.2/1.3 doesn't have this problem.
>> >
>> > I had it for jdk 1.1.* and the fix is probably KDE 2.0-after thing.
>>
>> Hmm.. I have jdk1.1.7 -- the version that comes with SuSE 6.4.  I'll
>> see about updating...

>I've now seen a couple of reports of this problem. It is very
>strange, and I don't understand how it can occur. :-(

>I'll try the URLs you mentioned over the weekend and see if I
>can figure out what's going on.

This problem existed in the old implementation of kappletwidget.cpp
code.
The only workaround I found was to put a 1 second delay before embedding
the Java window. It gave the Java a possibility to initialize it windows
correctly and cured the problem.

I don't really know why does it happen.

When kappetwidget embedding code was rewritten, the delay was removed
and
it looks like the problem is still there.

For whatever reason it happens only for Java 1.1 implementations.

Hope it helps,
Dima.

Rich.

--