List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-copy
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-08-08 10:10:37

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Matthias Elter wrote:
> > (...)
> >
> > I'm glad that you raised this discussion.
> > IMHO qt-copy should die ASAP. We have "stable" tarballs we can rely on
> > now and most people are tired of updating qt-copy all the time. As there
> > is no way to make qt-copy read-ony we should get rid of it. And it's
> > ridiculous to think that qt-copy will stay what it is meant to be, a
> > copy of the current Qt sources. We have tried to achive this and have
> > failed. Now just hours after the update to 2.2beta1 I see the first
> > patch commited to qt-copy again. Do you expect me to update qt-copy on a
> > weekly basis? I can as well switch to GTK then. ;-)
>
> I'm terribly sorry that I forwarded a patch Reggie sent to me
> to Dirk and asked him to apply it. Without this patch the Designer
> crashes under very weird circumstances (don't ask :).
> As Reggie told us it's not necessary for "normal" use, because
> this special state can't be reached unless you do some really
> weird stuff. I'll revert it.

Just to clearify this: The iconview crashed because a the selectionChanged
signal of it was connected to a slot which deleted the iconview. This is
something you really should never do, (I think it is even documented
somewhere not to do stuff like that, as you will get always in trouble if do
something like that and the signal emit call is not the last line in the
function).

But while playing around in the designer and doing stupid connections (which
you would never do if you had to type the code :-) you can easily do that, so
I fixed it to make it more robust. But again, this is really a fix kde can
live without it.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)