List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Word wrapping problem (was: Cool image in screenshot...)
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-06 19:24:31

On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 17:51:51 +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:

>Quoting Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com>:
>> What version of Windows do you use?  I created a folder called
>> "thelongestfoldernameintheworld" on the desktop and that sure did wrap.

OK, I admit: my version also wraps after "thelongestfolderna" but this
is a lot more than I get from KDE at this point. And, most important,
it honors word endings as much as possible which KDE seems to ignore.

>I seem to remember someone saying that the problem should be fixed in the next
>release of Qt.

Reggie said it would not be fixed in Qt before 3.0.

>Is this right, and if not, could the problem be fixed maybe in
>kde-qt-addon?

He also said that it was possible to "subclass QIconViewItem and
reimplement the wordwrapping". See
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=96488392913623&w=2.

The question is if anybody is going to do this? I'm not a programmer.
So I don't even know how much work this would be and how it would go
along with the freeze.

Regards,

Thomas

---