List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Bug in kde-qt-addon/qdom.h
From:       Laurent montel <montell () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       2000-08-05 10:06:55

Hi,

My name is Laurent Montel and I work on kspread
and I found a bug in bug in kde-qt-addon/qdom.h
in fonction :
QDomText createTextNode( const QString& data );

Because when I write into a cell a latin1 character for example : é or ç

etc... and I copy-paste cell I obtain a bad charactere

for example for "ç" :
!DOCTYPE spreadsheet-snippet ><spreadsheet-snippet>
 <cell row="1" column="1" >
  <format/>
  <text>Ã? §</text>
 </cell>
</spreadsheet-snippet>

Kspread used for saved :
QDomElement text = doc.createElement( "text" );
text.appendChild( doc.createTextNode( m_strText ) );
cell.appendChild( text );

But for RichText or VisualFormula
it works, there isn't problem.
else if ( content() == RichText || content() == VisualFormula )
        {
     QDomElement text = doc.createElement( "text" );
     text.appendChild( doc.createCDATASection( m_strText ) );
     cell.appendChild( text );
 }

 So I think that there is a bug into createTextNode(), this function is
not
 able to save latin1 characters.

So could you help me or corrected qdom.h please.

Thanks
bye