List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror and Tucows
From:       Kenny Thomas <kthomas () gfn ! org>
Date:       2000-08-04 13:29:36

Agin, this was caused by some inproperly generated pages after a site
layout change. All the pages have been regenerated whit meta reload tags
in them and should be mirrores to most mirror site by now. IT was imple
human error. If You check any of the pages now they have the meta reload
tags and will cause automatic download.

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, David Faure wrote:
>
> > www.tucows.com, or more specifically
> > http://charter.linux.tucows.com//kdehtml/adnload/021-012-001-011_2924.html
> > It says "If your download does not start automatically click here".
> > BUT !!!! It doesn't work under IE nor under Netscape (Windows) !
> > I don't understand. Is this site broken ?
> [...]
> > Meta-refresh tags work now.
>
> The URL I used was:
>
> http://elan.linux.tucows.com/kdehtml/adnload/021-002-004-002_3030.html
>
> Here's the output from netcat:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 22:19:19 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux) PHP/3.0.15 mod_perl/1.21
> Last-Modified: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 00:11:00 GMT
> ETag: "cf69-553f-39876714"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

> <!---PLEASE DO NOT IMPORT INTO AN HTML EDITOR.  THIS CODE HAS BEEN METICULOUSLY PREPARED--->
> <!---THE TAGSETS HAVE BEEN OPTIMIZED BY HAND FOR MAXIMUM CLARITY--------------------------->
>
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <TITLE>Tucows Linux KDE Download Page for Kirc  0.9.5-04</TITLE>
> <META Name="KEYWORDS" Content="linux,unix,software,GPL,shareware,freeware,
>  GNU,distributions,redhat,mandrake,caldera,corel,x11,themes,demos,kde,
>  gnome,windowmaker,desktop,ratings,reviews,programs,news,tucows,server,
>  mirrors,penguin,multimedia,suites,applications,security,utilities,
>  games,daemon,manager,download,source,code">
>
> <META Name="DESCRIPTION" Content="With literally 1000's of the world's best
>  Linux software applications & games, TUCOWS Linux is your resource for the
>  'Net's LATEST & GREATEST software releases!">
<SNIP>