List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: metaunloading problem
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-08-05 13:51:57

Hi,

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, David Faure wrote:
> >> #0  0x4000769c in _dl_lookup_symbol (
> >>     undef_name=0x411a9e2f "_._35_KUnloadMetaClass_Helperlibkjava_la",
> >>     ref=0xbffff59c, symbol_scope=0x8179f20,
>
> I'm still having this problem, but I know a bit more what happens.

For these special crashes (the ones in _dl_lookup_symbol(), libkformula
has the same problem IIRC) I think, I know even more: the cause ;-)

Its the most untested function in glibc: dlclose() and friends. I might
have a solution, but I'll come around to implement it only today evening
after some family social events :) And I'm again awake since some hours,
so I'm not too sure. Do you have a reproducible situation (with URL and so
on) for that crash for me to test, if it really makes a difference?

Ciao,
Michael.