List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KToolbar bugs?
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-08-04 10:31:21

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As some people probably know I'm currently trying to get
> KIllustrator in a releasable shape.
> However, I'm experiencing some strange KToolbar related
> bugs and I'm asking myself if the bug is in KIllustrator
> or in KToolbar. After some debugging in KIllustrator I
> didn't find a solution so I decided to annoy you :)
>
> - The first bug is that on startup some layouting is
>   done wrong and some (vertical) toolbars obscure the
>   main widget and the main widget obscures an other
>   (vertical) toolbar. When I resize the window
>   horizontally the layout stays the same and the main
>   widget is still covered. After resizing the window
>   vertically (+/- 1 pixel is enough) everything works.
>   It is impossible to get in that buggy state again.

I found that too but have no idea what it is :-(( The strange thing is that
it only happens in killustrator. Maybe killu does some strange event
filtering which eats some resize events, layout hint events or the like on
startup?

> - I've got an Edit toolbar with Undo/Redo actions.
>   These actions show up, but as soon as I change the
>   text and/or enable or disable them the buttons
>   vanish. As soon as I cross the empty space where
>   the buttons have been before they show up again.
>   The strange thing about this is, that the same
>   actions are plugged into the Edit menu and work
>   fine there.

That has nothing todo with KToolBar, must be KToolBarButton or some icon
stuff in there.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)