List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror and Tucows
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-03 8:50:07

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 04:15:26PM -0700, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > The source for the page doesn't show anything that looks like
> > > it's going to start a download... the only reference to the file is the one
> > > in the explicit link to it.
> > >
> > > Is it supposed to be a redirection sent by the server ? Can't see it....
> >
> > I'm realllly lazy, can you give me a URL or somesuch?

www.tucows.com, or more specifically
http://charter.linux.tucows.com//kdehtml/adnload/021-012-001-011_2924.html
It says "If your download does not start automatically click here".
BUT !!!! It doesn't work under IE nor under Netscape (Windows) !
I don't understand. Is this site broken ?

> > My *guess* would be it's being done with multipart MIME stuff....
>
> Well, I'll use netcat in a second, but it looks like it's merely using a
> meta-refresh tag.  And I think I've seen people reporting bugs with the
> way konqy handles those..

Meta-refresh tags work now.

--
David FAURE