List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kapp and kcmdlineargs
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-03 5:52:57

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Why do we still have
>
> void KApplication::parseCommandLine( int& argc, char** argv )
>
> in kapp.cpp? Why doesn't the constructor
> 	KApplication::KApplication( int& argc, char** argv, const QCString&
> rAppName, bool allowStyles, bool GUIenabled ) :
>
> simply use KCmdLineArgs?
>
> Currently, there's a lot of duplicated functionality in kapp, not even
> marked as obsolete. Waldo, could you have a look at this as you know that
> stuff best ?

Ok. I would love to throw some stuff out, especially some similair functions
in KUniqueApplication that are already marked "depreciated". They aren't used
any more in CVS to my knowledge (I just converted the last uses) but removing
e.g.the virtual  "KUniqueApplication::newInstance(QValueList<...>...)" will
break binary compatibility. Shall I mark it as "do not use" and keep it in
for the lifetime of kde 2.0 or shall I remove it ??

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!