List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: [Printing-summit]Is there a website containing the various documents generated by the Print
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-01 19:42:58

FYI

Subject: Re: [Printing-summit]Is there a website containing the various documents \
                generated by the Printing Summit?
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:28:12 -0400
From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@picante.com>
To: Miles Lane <miles@speakeasy.org>

> My mail quota got hit just about when the Printing Summit completed,
> so I expect I have missed any "results messages" that have been sent
> out.
>
> I would be delighted to get pointers to a repository of results, if
> a repository has been created.

Results?  After two days?

The main results of the summit really will be in the establishing of
better relationships between the people there.  Only a few concrete
plans were committed to for particular bits of software.  Certain bits
of software certainly emerged as obvious magnets for future work, but
that's about it.

I'm aware of:

 - My notes at http://www.linuxprinting.org/summit.html

 - Raph put up a few of his thoughts in his diary at
   http://advogato.org/person/raph/

 - Assorted slides and an attendees list at
   http://printing.sourceforge.net/printingsummit/

 - I have a not-yet-updated project list at
   http://www.linuxprinting.org/projects.html

 - OMNI, were it up, would theoretically be somewhere under
   http://www.ibm.com/developer/

One or two people mailed out whitepaper and slides pointers which I
failed to capture.  I'll rummage them out of my mail pile when I sit
down to update my projects listing.

I'd be interested in seeing the vendor-side analog of my own
community-point-of-view notes.  Could one of you HP/Lexmark/Epson
types post such a thing?

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/