List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KJanusWidget/treelist
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-08-01 9:08:40

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Christian Gebauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any binary compatible way to make the
> treelist mode behave like KControl? Currently
> *nothing* happens when a user clicks on a root
> item with children but without a associated page.
> (KControl simply toggles opens the subtree)
> Try the KNode configure dialog to see it in action.
> This behaviour really annoys me, and I consider it a bug.
> I tried to fix this in KJanusWidget::slotShowPage(),
> but this slot is connected to QListView::selectionChanged(),
> the wrong signal for this job. I haven't checked yet
> how kcontrol handels ths, but I guess
> void QListView::pressed ( QListViewItem * item )
> would be the right signal.
> Any ideas?

Is it possible to associate a page with a root item? I have not
made the treelist mode where one can have child nodes
so I don't know how exactly it works. If you can add an empty
page to the root item, a workaround can be to detect the
showEvent for that page and automatically open (using
KDialogBase::showPage(int)) the first child page when
that happens.

Anyway. If you can't get this to work now without BC changes I
suggest you make your own version of the KJanusWidget/KDialogBase
for now (because, as you said, the "feature" is pretty annoying) and
make all the  modifications you need and put them back later
when the freeze is removed (after 2.0).

--
Espen Sand