List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: resizing konsole in kwin
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-31 23:39:45

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, David Faure wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote :
> >I have not been able to resize konsole for some time now, but I'm not
> >100% sure who's fault it is -- I'm pretty sure it's kwin.
>
> Hmm, I heard it's rather KMainWindow's lack of the equivalent of
> KTMainWindow's updateRects().
>
> Can't remember who said that though. Waldo maybe.

Yes, I can't get proper resizing working with KMainWindow. It worked with the
old KTMainWindow. It's important that you can configure konsole to an exact
size like 80x25 because there are text-based programs that will only work
with these numbers of columns/lines.

It now has the right size when you start konsole with e.g. the -vt_sz option
but resizing is completely broken.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!