List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    shutdown signal of kapp <> dcopserver
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-07-31 20:25:49

Hi,

Is it possible that the shutdown signal of KApplication isn't emitted anymore?

I do have the impression that when shutting down the X session the dcopserver
is the first process who dies. That takes down the ICE connection to the
clients and ends up in a call to the default ICE error handler, which exit()'s

Thus it seems that the X io error handler (for emitting the shutdown() signal)
is never reached.

Is that possible? (I wondered why kdesky doesn't save the icon position when
closing down anymore, and after adding some debug output to the slot connected
to the shutdown signal I noticed that the slot is never called...)

Can anyone confirm that? Any ideas how to solve this? Define a new ICE error
handler which just...does "almost" nothing?

Bye,
 Simon