List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    [logir@logi.org: Message freeze?]
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2000-07-25 15:56:27

Originally sent to  kde-i18n, but since the people there don't change the
actual source files, I'm re-posting it here.

Oh, and since I wrote that message this morning there are now 28 new fuzzies
in kdelibs.

---
"COMPLETE FEATURE FREEZE

 in effect! This means that the API, messages and feature set will not be
 changed until KDE 2.0 is released."

or so I thought.. until suddenly there are 80 untranslated messages in
kdelibs.po and 92 fuzzy ones. Can we expect an actual frieze? Maybe we'd
just be better off waiting until KDE 2 is safely released and is really sure
not to change any more?

Especially annoying are the fixes where the case of a letter is changed or
something equally pointless. Might I again recommend that these things be
done in an English translation so that we can get on with translating into
other languages without having it all broken regularly?

It's a bit annoying to see all your work turn to fuzz every so often,
especially when the messages are supposedly frozen. In fact, starting to
translate months before the release date doesn't seem to make much sense at
all...

What will be the policy with updated translations after KDE2 is released?

--
Logi Ragnarsson <logir@logi.org>      PGP/GPG key ID: 1024R/42935585