List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Freeze: May we ADD messages?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-31 8:44:19

David Faure wrote:

> Le Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Peter Putzer a
> >Hi,
> >
> >the subject says it all...
>
> and the answer is no AFAIK.
> Otherwise translators will never be able to catch up with the new messages
> popping up everywhere between now and the 2.0 release. They can't translate
> all of KDE overnight :)
>
> Now, maybe that you can get an exception from them ?
> There has to be a freeze, but at the same time, 10 new strings added now
> aren't impossible to take care of....

I know this message is a bit old, but I would like to answer anyway.
There will come enough "exceptions" and I would like to see them
reserved
for docu changes like quick help and what's this. We wanted to reserve
the
time between the beta and the release with bug fixing, documentation
writing
and translations.
Just don't think about new features and document the old ones good
enough
and introduce what's this, etc. (the documentation of ksysv is from
'98...)

Greetings, Stephan

--
... but you ain't had mine