List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KArchie
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2000-07-29 8:23:17

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> KArchie has serious unicode-related issues. it lives still in the
> i18n == const char* world. Besides that, is archie still active at all?
> what should we do with it? disabling from compilation?

I could fix the unicode stuff if we are going to ship it. Peronally I have
never used that application and I guess that's the situation for most KDE
users.

> I considered fixing, but this is more than a 2 hour job. Almost every
> line needs to be touched as far as I can see. I'm not sure if it
> is worth the effort. Same as a rewrite, to adopt KDE 2 features.
> and then I wonder if it shouldn't be a ioslave if at all..

It doesn't use layouts, it uses KConfig::readEntry().toInt() instead of
readNumEntry(), const char *, no XML :-), lot's of C code etc. Why don't
we just move it to kdenonbeta?

-bieker-

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
                 bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org