List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KArchie
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-29 2:42:41

Hi,

KArchie has serious unicode-related issues. it lives still in the
i18n == const char* world. Besides that, is archie still active at all?

what should we do with it? disabling from compilation?

I considered fixing, but this is more than a 2 hour job. Almost every
line needs to be touched as far as I can see. I'm not sure if it
is worth the effort. Same as a rewrite, to adopt KDE 2 features.
and then I wonder if it shouldn't be a ioslave if at all..

Dirk