List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: How to work after feature freeze.
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       2000-07-21 14:57:32

Am Fre, 21 Jul 2000 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:
> Hi.
>
> I have lots of new ideas for KArm, which I would like to continue with. I
> understand that there is a feature freeze now, but am I allowed to check in
> on a branch? If yes, will there be made a branch for the whole KDE, or
> should I create my own for KArm?

You can make a new branch, but tell it the package maintainer and the release
dude (the former being Matthias Elter, m_elter@t-online.de, the latter being
Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel, mhk@caldera.de) so that they are not surprised.

It is then your responsibility once 2.1 development is open in general to
merge your new branch with HEAD so that all new features become a part of
HEAD.

Or you wait checking in until 2.1 development has started in general and then
just check in your changes to head.

Kalle

--
Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO / Verkställande direktör