List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: hostname() used in KApplication::launcher (fwd)
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2000-07-18 22:51:12

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Christopher Molnar wrote:
> > > kdmdesktop generates a core dump.
> > ... because of the abort() I made you add in KApplication:dcopClient.
[snip]

> > This would mean, a flag in KBackgroundRenderer, or letting kdesktop and kcmbackground
> > do the registration themselves, instead of it being done in KBackground[Renderer, AFAIK].
> >
> > I don't see any other solution - except running a dcopserver as root which would really
> > not be a good solution.
> >
> > Does anyone know if kdm actually calls kdmdesktop by itself ? kdm doesn't
> > seem to work when kdmdesktop crashes, and that's not good.
> >
> kdmdesktop is called by the init scripts, kdm should work fine without
> though

No it wasn't. This was done from console mode calling kdm by itself. kdm
must make a call to kdmdesktop. I started kdm from the command line
(ie... kdm) and got a dr. konqi from kdmdesktop.

(BTW: could someone please add molnarc@mandrakesoft.com to the allowed
posters for this list so I don't have to leave pine everytime I post in
here?)

-Chris