List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Dropping Debian support (Was: LinuxTag impressions)
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2000-07-17 9:18:45

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > I understand your annoyance, I shouldn't have called you a fanatic. I'm
> > fed up too with all these licensing issues (my opinion is that the debian
> > people (the fanatics) are nitpicking far too much).
> > But should the normal debian user and the other debian developers suffer
> > from it? What would we do when someone asks for debian packages on
> > kde-user instead of one of the debian lists?
>
> normal debian users? Haven't seen one speaking up yet.

They definitely exist. I talked to several reasonable debian developers at
their LinuxTag booth. Only a small part of the debian developers hate KDE.
Most simply don't care or even try to solve the issue. I vote for keeping the
debian files around as long as they are maintained by somebody.

Greetings,
Matthias