List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The kwelcome/kdewizard mess
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-15 11:17:04

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out how KDE should great first-time
> users. Currently, both kwelcome and kdewizard are started
> which is completely confusing. And kdewizard does not do
> anything usefull right now. So I would suggest to:
>
> a) get rid of kwelcome
> b) turn kdewizard into a kind of mini-tutorial
>
> The only thing that keeps me from doing so right now is that
> kwelcome contains some code to convert config files from KDE
> 1.1.2 to KDe 2.0. Any ideas what to do with it? Should I move
> the code to the KDE wizard? I think it would make more sense
> there, and it should definitely ask the user.
>
> Bye,
> Matthias.

How about integrating the kdewizard with kwelcome ? Although you would
deactivate kwelcome soon, I think it is a nice feature as well while
kdewizard isnīt the best. Turning kdewizard into a lib and loading it
with kwelcome would be nice IMHO.

Ralf
--
God is not dead. He is alive and working on a much less ambitious
project. Graffiti

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org