List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Writing KParts plugins
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-07-03 21:37:38

Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Jul 2000, Richard Moore wrote:
> > Dan Pilone wrote:

> > >         Good work!  Any problems with me putting this in KDN? -- Dan
> >
> > No, that would be great. It will also be going on the developer site
> > as soon as I fix the issues Simon etc. found. I'll send a mail to the
> > list when I update it so you can keep in sync.
> >
> > Rich.
>
> Hello Richard,
>
> May I make/suggest one more change if you have not already done so to the
> plugin you created.  Instead of displaying a message telling the user that he
> could not use the plugin for views other than html, how about simply disabling
> the menu item and toolbar button when the view mode is other than an html view ?

The plugin attaches to KHTMLPArt not to konqueror, so it is only visible
if
the user is viewing HTML. The main restriction at the moment is that the
URL
needs to be accessible to the w3 validator via HTTP. When I add POST
support
this restriction will be removed.

The check that the containing part is a KHTMLPart is simply to provide
added
safety.

Rich.

--