List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Writing KParts plugins
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-03 19:06:33

> Hello Richard,
>
> May I make/suggest one more change if you have not already done so to the
> plugin you created.  Instead of displaying a message telling the user that he
> could not use the plugin for views other than html, how about simply disabling
> the menu item and toolbar button when the view mode is other than an html view ?

Not really useful. This will never happen unless the file is wrongly installed
under the wrong part's directory. Better warn about wrong installation than
silence the problem.
Dawit, I don't think you noted that a plugin can apply to one part only if it
wants to.

http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/