List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Writing KParts plugins
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-02 15:00:27

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 03:54:16PM +0100, Richard Moore wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > For instance I cannot see how to write a plugin that adds a page to
> > > a properties dialog
> > That's more Simon's stuff, but look in koffice/lib/kofficecore/koDocInfoPropsPage or so,
> > for an example.
>
> Does that apply to Konqueror as well as to KOffice stuff?

Hmm ? The properties dialog is something completely separate,
and defined in kdelibs/kfile/kpropsdlg.*
Simon would be able to tell more, but AFAIK the properties dialog queries
for services that implement a given service type ('properties dialog page' or something)
for the mimetype of the file, and if found, it will create the additionnal pages
for it (with a factory, you guessed it).
This has in fact nothing to do with KParts plugins at all.

> > > or how to get events telling the plugin when the URL changes.
> > Catch the OpenURLEvent events, as defined in browserextension.h
> > Hmmm, are those events sent to the plugins as well... I don't think so.
> > They are sent to all parts, currently, but not to plugins, AFAIK.
> > That's a bug then.
>
> Better to figure these things out know rather than have them
> appear after 2.0 is released.

Yup. I'm waiting for Simon's opinion (and confirmation) on this.

http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/