List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0 Release status report
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-06-30 16:56:09

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Michael Reiher wrote:

> > Milestones
> > ==========
> >
> > On July 20th, the features for KDE 2.0 will be frozen. After
> > that date, only bug fixes will be possible.
> IMHO this schedule is a bit too optimistic. Shouldn´t there be a phase in
> between where only the libs are frozen? Till now everybody cared to get the
> basic things done. And make the libs feature complete and ready for a long BC
> freeze.

In theory, I completely agree with you. In practise, the
libfreeze should have been with Kleopatra, but noone cared.
(Me included, not to get that wrong ;)
Doing another libfreeze now would again mean that noone cares.
So better make the plan harder. We all know that we will do
whatever necessary to make KDE 2.0 as stable as 1.1.2, but at
some point, we should aim at a release.

Bye,
Matthias.